Mar 05, 2020 A brand-new Facebook Messenger app has finally landed on Mac. It gives users the ability to more easily keep on top of their conversations across different devices, and it supports a whole host of. To download audio files from Messenger on your desktop computer or laptop, open m.facebook.com on your web browser, go to your messages and open the conversation where the audio file is located. Locate the voice clip or audio file, and then click the three vertical dots to the right of the audio. Finally, click “Download.”. Save media to Mac. How to download a video from Facebook Messenger? In all versions, including the desktop app, you have the “Save to Downloads” button. Open the video/photo right away and download, or find it in the shared media folder accessible in the chat’s settings. The whole process is super intuitive, so you won’t have to ponder. Download Facebook Messenger for Mac & read reviews. An easy way to connect with friends!
This article was co-authored by wikiHow Staff. Our trained team of editors and researchers validate articles for accuracy and comprehensiveness. wikiHow's Content Management Team carefully monitors the work from our editorial staff to ensure that each article is backed by trusted research and meets our high quality standards.
The wikiHow Tech Team also followed the article's instructions and verified that they work.
This article has been viewed 94,623 times.
This wikiHow teaches you how to download an image file from a chat conversation on Facebook Messenger and save it on your computer, using your desktop internet browser.
- 1Open Facebook on your internet browser. Type www.facebook.com in your browser's address bar and hit ↵ Enter on your keyboard. Facebook will open up to your News Feed.
- If you aren't automatically logged into Facebook on your browser, log in with your email or phone and your password.
- 2Click the Messenger button. This button looks like a speech balloon icon with a thunderbolt in it. It's located between the Friend Requests and Notifications buttons in the upper-right corner of Facebook. It will open a drop-down list of all your recent chats.
- Alternatively, you can open Messenger in full-screen by going to www.messenger.com on your browser.
- 3Click on a chat conversation. Find the chat with the image you want to download, and click on it to see the full conversation. The chat will pop-up in the lower-right corner of your screen.
- If you're using the full-screen Messenger.com mode, you will be viewing the conversation in full-screen instead of a pop-up.
- 4Find the image you want to save in the chat conversation. Scroll up in the chat until you see the image you want to download.
- 5Click on the image. It will open this picture in full-screen mode against a black background.
- 6Click Download. This button is located in the upper-left corner of your screen. It will download this picture and save it in your computer's designated downloads folder.Advertisement
Community Q&AAdd New Question
- How do I save multiple pictures in one message? They only seem to save individually.Community AnswerYes, it looks like you can only save them individually. But once you have them on your desktop, you should be able to do whatever you wish with them, such as attach them to an email or repost to Facebook. What are you trying to do with them? I was sent photos that I will then put into a newsletter, so having them as individual photos is fine. You can drag them (or cut and paste) from your downloads folder to wherever you would like to put them on your desktop.
TipsSubmit a Tip
You Might Also Like
About This Article
1. Open Facebook on your browser.
2. Click the Messenger icon.
3. Click on a chat.
4. Scroll up to the image you want to save.
5. Click on the image.
6. Click Download in top-left.
Is this article up to date?
An easy way to connect with friends!
Facebook Messenger is an easy-to-use mobile chat client for your iOS device. While it’s also available on Android, the simple and clean interface on iPhone has made it quite popular among users around the world. It won’t be wrong to say that Facebook Messenger is a complete package, providing you with ample features, such as text, video, voice, payments, and secret messaging.
An instant messaging app for everyone!
How To Download Messenger On Mac
Sleek design, easy to use, and packed with features!
From the moment you download Facebook Messenger, it’s difficult to skip the minimal aesthetic appeal. With a white background, the app displays Facebook’s familiar blue color theme. The most recent chats are clearly listed at the top of the home page. The unread messages are marked with bold text, making them easily visible. Right below the chats, you can notice a range of modules, including favorites, birthdays, and active friends.
Fun and interactive messaging on the go
Each message comes with a version of your friends’ profile picture to the left. Group messages can be accessed right from the same window. The list shows a truncated preview of recent messages, allowing you to access them with ease.
While using Facebook Messenger, you can swipe left over a thread to conveniently delete messages. The same action allows you to mark messages as spam, archive them, or mute the entire thread. From the options, you can also block people within a couple of clicks.
The easy-to-navigate app highlights important sections, such as Home, Groups, Calls, People, and Me. It’s worth mentioning that the ‘People’ page is more than a contact list or address book. It gives you a detailed overview of ‘Message Requests’ from people you haven’t connected with on Facebook.
Right in the message thread, Facebook Messenger shows when the recipient reads a message, and when she or he is formulating a new one. Since the interface is interactive and supports emojis, stickers, and GIFs, chats are fun and interesting.
Apart from text, you can add photos, locations, audio files, and video files. Group chats come with all the features of a usual ‘Messenger’ thread, allowing you to chat with more people in one go. While the app can be intrusive with constant notifications, you can easily turn them off from the settings menu.
Where can you run this program?
Facebook Messenger app is available for iOS and Android, while you can access the messenger on Mac and Windows through Facebook.com via your internet browser.
Is there a better alternative?
While Facebook Messenger is quite popular, you might be looking for a few alternatives. Google Hangouts is a good option, but often feels too formal as a messaging app. Since it’s integrated with Gmail, you can use it to chat with people in your email address book conveniently. Another good choice is WhatsApp, which is also backed by Facebook. However, there have been some security concerns regarding messaging on WhatsApp, and you need a SIM to use the platform.
The revamped Facebook Messenger app comes with interactive chat options, stickers, and emojis. With a simple and clean interface, it makes chatting with friends and family easier and more convenient.
Should you download it?
While there have been some privacy concerns about using Facebook, Messenger remains one of the most popular instant messaging apps in the world. With a wide range of features combined with Facebook’s integration with your contact list and address book, Facebook Messenger is a great choice.
- Simple and clean interface
- Fun and interactive emojis
- Voice & video calling options
- Allows group chats