- How To Download To A Flash Drive On Mac
- How To Download Music To A Flash Drive
- How To Download To A Flash Drive From The Computer
Nov 25, 2021 • Filed to: Take Data Backup • Proven solutions
In this advanced computerized era, there is nothing reliable even advanced technology. Similar to the storage devices, an uncertain situation could happen at any time without any indications. As a computer user, data loss is one of the uncertain situations that occasionally occur especially on Windows OS. The data loss mainly happens due to system crash, hard drive failure, unknown virus, or any other issue. To avoid such a thing, it is always recommended by experts to take proper backup of your data regularly. But do you know how to back up the computer to flash drive? Well, this post is dedicated to you. In this post, we will give you the best solution to your question 'How do I backup to a flash drive'. Moreover, you will also find the easiest way to the backup computer to a USB flash drive using the best backup and restore software. Now, without further ado, let's get started.
- Part 1. What Is USB Flash Drive?
- Part 2. How to Backup Computer to Flash Drive in Windows
- Part 3. Tips on Computer Backup to Flash Drive
Part 1. What Is USB Flash Drive?
If the USB flash drive or external drive folder does NOT open automatically, follow these steps: a. Click Start Computer. Double-click on the Removable Disk associated with the USB flash drive. Navigate to the folders in your computer containing files you want to transfer. Right-click on the file you want to copy, then select Copy. Click where the arrow point and click This PC in the next window, then find your flash drive on the computer and select it as destination path. (optional) Set backup options and schedule backup by clicking Options or Schedule. Confirm everything is OK and click Start Backup to run the pending operation. Select your USB flash drive. When prompted to select a save location, you'll need to click your flash drive's name in the left-hand menu and then click Save. Doing so will cause the file to download directly onto your flash drive. On a Mac, you may click Choose instead of Save.
In the menu that pops up, select “Copy.”. Place your mouse cursor over a section of blank space within the USB thumb drive window and right-click again. In the menu that pops up, select “Paste.”. The files you “copied” to the Clipboard earlier will be copied onto the USB flash drive. Subscribe Now:More:stuff onto your flash drive w.
A USB Flash drive is a small portable storage device used to store and read data like photos, videos, documents, audio, archive, etc. The USB flash drive is designed typically smaller as compared to HDD, Optical disk, and other typical storage devices due to flexibility and portability. You can connect the USB flash drive to other devices or computers through Type A plug. With the advent of technology and innovation, you will also find flash drives like OTG with micro USB or Type-C plug, mainly designed for mobile devices.
Types of USB Flash Drives
- Security Flash Drive: Unlike Normal USB flash drive, it is strengthened with physical or intelligent security approaches to guarantee that the information isn't imperiled. Moreover, these flash drives are also used as a password for the specific account. Simply plug it to the device to sign in to your account without entering a password.
- Music Flash Drive: If you are a music lover, you may love this flash drive. These flash drives allow you to store music and video files on it.
- OTG Flash drive: OTG aka On the Go flash drives is the latest USB flash drive type. OTG could be based on micro USB, Type-C, or lightning plug. You can directly connect the flash drive to your mobile phone.
Functions of USB Flash Drive
- Store data: Most people use USB Flash drive to store data such as a document, photos, videos, audio, games, executable file, and many more.
- Transfer: The major function of the USB flash drive is to transfer any type of stored data from one device to another by plugging it into the computer.
- Backup data: You can also use the USB flash drive as a backup storage device. As we said earlier, data loss can happen at any time. You can make a backup of important files on the USB flash drive using the USB backup tool to protect it from the uncertain situation.
How to Backup Data with USB Image Tool
Flash Drive - What Size of USB Flash Drive Do You Need
All You Need to Know About The Different Types of USB Flash Drive
Free Flash Drive Data Recovery: Recover Files from USB Flash Drives within Steps
Part 2. How to Backup Computer to Flash Drive in Windows?
- Way 1. Windows Backup and Restore Feature
- Recommended: AOMEI Backupper Pro - Backup Windows
- Way 3. Copy Computer Files to Flash Drive with USB Port
- Way 4. Send Computer folders to Flash Drive with USB Port
- Why Is AOMEI Backupper Professional Our Pick
Way 1. Windows Backup and Restore Feature
Like any other operating system, Windows also offers integrated backup and restore function. By using this function, you can take the backup of data to protect it from harmful threats and uncertain situations. Want to know how to backup computer files on CD or USB flash drive? Follow the below guide.
Step 1 At the very first step, you have to click on the 'Start' button and search for the control panel.
Step 2 On the control panel, you will find lots of options, click on the 'Backup your computer' underneath the System and Security category.
Step 3 Now, plug your USB Flash drive to your computer and make sure it is working and have enough space to store the backup files. If there is insufficient storage available, you first need to format the drive.
Step 4 On the Backup and Restore interface, click on the 'Set up back' and you will be promoted. Click on the 'Yes' to allow changes to the system.
Step 5 After that, 'Set up backup' wizard will appear. Choose the drive on which you would like to save the backup. Simply choose the USB flash drive and hit on the 'Next' button.
Step 6 Now, choose what you would like to backup. Click on the 'Let me choose' to manually choose a folder for backup or chose the recommended one and again hit on the 'Next' button.
Step 7 Review your backup settings and schedule. You can change it if you want and click on the 'Save Settings and exit' button.
Step 8 You are now ready to back up the selected files or folder, simply click on the 'Back up now' to start the backup process. The backup process will take a couple of minutes depending on the type of data.
Recommended: AOMEI Backupper Pro - Backup Windows
When we talk about backing up the data using the Windows default method, it has loads of limitations. To overwhelm, you can try tools like AOMEI Backupper Professional. It is a third party tool powered by loads of amazing and great functions that make backup and restore process easier like never before. Getting engaging with this amazing tool, you can back up the Windows operating system, photos, videos, document, executable files, and many others. There is no need for any extra technical knowledge if you want to access this tool. Has a query about computer backup to flash drive in Windows using AOMEI Backupper Professional? Follow the guide to back up your computer files to USB flash drive using the backup software.
Step 1. Download and install AOMEI Backupper Pro
First of all, free download AOMEI Backupper Professional to your computer. Once the download process is completed, open the setup file to install it on your computer. After the successful download and installation process, you have to open the AOMEI Backupper.
Step 2. Choose data backup
AOMEI Backupper Professional interface will appear, click on the 'Backup' menu option at the left pane. Now, you have to choose which backup you would like to take. Here, we are taking system backup by clicking on the system backup. And you can also backup files, folders, internal or external hard drives, and partitions as per your needs.
Step 3. Enter backup information
After that, you have to enter the Task name and choose the USB drive to save the system backup image on 'Step 2'. To confirm the data information of C drive, just double click the drive bar marked with the red square as below.
Step 4. Start the backup process
Choose the backup option and hit on the 'Start backup' button to start the backup flash drive process for a system image.
Way 3. Copy Computer Files to Flash Drive with USB Port
Copying the data from computers to other devices is not rocket science. The process is very simple and straightforward. There is no advanced computer knowledge is required to copy computer files to flash drive with a USB port. Anyone with some basic computer knowledge can easily copy the files to other devices on Windows computers.
- Simply, navigate to the file that you would like to copy to the USB flash drive.
- Right-Click on the 'file' and choose 'Copy' from the pop-up menu.
- Double-click on the 'My Computer/My PC' and open the 'USB flash drive'
- Now, right-click on the white empty area and choose 'Paste' from the pop-up menu.
Way 4. Send Computer folders to Flash Drive with USB Port
Most of the people don't know about this copy function of Windows. By using this, you can directly send the file/folder to an external device.
- First, go to the folder directory where the folder is placed.
- Now, right-click on the folder and hover over the 'Send to' option. Choose the USB flash drive where you want to send the selected folder.
- Once completed, simply eject the USB flash drive.
Why Is AOMEI Backupper Professional Our Pick
After analyzing the above post, we find AOMEI Backupper is far ahead of other ways to back up the computer to USB flash drive. The speed of backup data using AOMEI Backupper is very fast when we compare it with Windows's Backup and Restore utility. Moreover, the Windows utility has many limitations, for example, it can't make an incremental or differential backup for computer files.
The speed of file and folder backup using way 3 and way 4 is faster but there are many disadvantages. One of the major disadvantages is that you have to manually copy and paste the file or folder all the time to keep them up to date. Besides, the 2 ways can only be used to back up a small number of files and folders at a time. On the other hand, AOMEI Backupper can regularly back up files, folders, systems, hard drives, and partitions on an automatic and scheduled basis.
- Allows you to take automatic, full, incremental, and differential backups of system, disk, partition, and files.
- Supports system restore, disk restore, dissimilar hardware restore, partition restore, and selective file restore.
- Supports disk clone, partition/volume clone, flexible clone, system clone, and command line clone.
- Supports Windows 10, Windows 8.1/8, Windows 7, Vista, and XP (all editions, 32/64-bit)
Part 3. Tips on Computer Backup to Flash Drive
- Do not try to eject the USB flash drive during the backup process. Ejecting the USB flash drive when backing up computer data to flash drive can lead to backup failure and flash drive damage.
- Most of the people eject the USB flash drive directly from their CPU. In the backup process, always make sure to eject the USB flash drive in a secure way to avoid file corruption.
- Sufficient storage is necessary on the USB flash drive to store the computer backup on it. If your USB flash drive has stored some data, the first format it before doing computer backup to the flash drive.
Now, you have known about the 4 common ways to backup the computer to USB flash drive. All the methods provided above are quite simple and require no professional computer skills. By the way, as computer backup to flash drive might deal with many issues and different backup requirements, it is highly recommended to free download and try AOMEI Backupper Professional. It is the most comprehensive data backup tool to help you create Windows backup within several steps and without any limitations like the other 3 ways.
'I have been using Android phone, and I want to transfer some files from Android to my computer. One of my friends said that there is a kind of USB flash drive, called OTG flash drive, which could transfer photos, music and other files between Android and computer, how to use it? Please help.'
It is true that USB flash drive is a simple way to transfer files from Android to Mac/PC. However, there is some knowledge that Android owners should learn about, for example, what data categories USB flash drive could share between Android and computer? How to download music to USB and then transfer to computer?
How To Download To A Flash Drive On Mac
Spending a few minutes, you can grasp all knowledge related to the Android to computer migration assistant in detail.
Part 1: Transfer photos, pictures, videos and other files from Android to computer with flash drive
Though most PCs and Mac computers support to sync files from Android phone through USB cables, the process is a bit complicated. The MTP mode is available on Windows, while Mac only supports PTP mode. On the other hand, if you have an OTG flash drive or USB flash drive, it is an easy way to sync Android with Mac and PCs.
Step 1. First of all, you have to know how to transfer photos from phone to flash drive. Insert the OTG flash drive into the OTG port on your Android phone, unlock your smartphone and go to the File Manager app.
Step 2. Go to the DCIM folder and search for the photos that you want to transfer to computer. Select all desired pictures and tap on 'Move to' and set the OTG flash drive as the destination. If you want to download music to USB, they usually saved in a folder called 'Music'.
Step 3. Remove the flash drive from your phone after transfer pictures from phone to flash drive, and insert the other end into the USB port on your Mac or PC. Then download the photos to local hard drive.
Note:There are some tips you have to know about USB flash drive:
- 1. USB flash drive is not only a simple approach to transfer pictures, music, contacts and other files between Android and Mac/PC, but also a commonly-used solution to transfer photos from one Mac to another computer. If you plan to share files between Mac computers, such as photos, all you need to do is to transfer photos from Mac to USB flash drive, and then download them to another device from flash drive.
- 2. The downside of flash drive is that it only supports limited data categories, like photos, videos, music, and contacts. To export contacts Android, you have to export them from Contacts app to storage in vCard file.
- 3. Some third-party apps do not allow you to move files to flash drive, for example, the music in Google Play Music encrypts all songs and you cannot transfer them with flash drive.
- 4. USB flash drive may not be detected on your computer for your inappropriate operations. (Check here to fix flash drive is not detected.)
Part 2: Sync Android with PC/Mac through Bluetooth
Bluetooth is another simple migration assistant PC to Mac, Android to PC and Android to Mac. If you just want to transfer several songs or photos from phone to computer, Bluetooth is a good option. It does not require you to put music on a flash drive. But it is a disaster to share large files between digital devices through Bluetooth since it is very slow.
How to sync Android with PC through Bluetooth
Step 1. On Android phone, go to 'Settings' > 'Wireless & Networks' and turn on the Bluetooth feature. Then switch to your PC, right-click on the 'Bluetooth' icon in the 'Notification tray' on the desktop, select 'Add a Device', choose phone's name and click 'Pair'.
Step 2. Next, turn on your phone and hit 'Pair' on the popup message. Make sure the pair code on both devices is the same. Open the File Manager app and locate to the Music folder, select desired songs, tap 'Share' > 'Bluetooth' and press your PC.
Step 3. On your PC, click the Browse button and select a destination to save the music. Finally, hit the 'Accept' button to initiate syncing Android to PC through Bluetooth.
Bluetooth is able to sync Android with Mac as well, apart from connecting Android to Macwith Android File Transfer; however, Mac OS has serious system permissions, so you can add photos, music and other files from Mac to Android through Bluetooth, but it is invalid to download files from Android to Mac.
Part 3: How to export Android files to computer with FTP
FTP, also called File Transfer Protocol, is a standard network protocol used to share files between Mac and Android phone. Today, some Android phones have integrated such feature, like Xiao Mi. Once establish the connection between Android and computer via FTP, you can look at all files saved in your phone on your computer. To use FTP, you should have a good Wi-Fi network.
How to export Android files to computer with FTP
Step 1. Make sure to connect your computer and smartphone to the same Wi-Fi network (Check here to Fix Wi-Fi Not Working on iPhone). Open the 'File Explorer' app on your Mi device and tap on 'FTP'.
Step 2. Touch 'Start server' and select where you want to look at on your computer, such as 'SD card' or 'Internal storage'. Then Mi device will show you a FTP address for syncing Android with computer.
Step 3. Open your browser on computer and access the address, then all files in your Mi device will be presented on your computer screen. To share files between Mac/PC and phone, drag and drop the files to corresponding location.
Part 4: FAQs of Transferring Android Data to Computer
1. How to transfer all data from old phone to a new Android phone?
In addition to the above ways, you can use Google Drive to transfer all your data from your old phone to your new Android phone, including apps, contacts, calendar entries, and events, your passwords and other things.
How To Download Music To A Flash Drive
2. How do I transfer files from PC to Android?
The direct way is to copy the files with USB. Connect your Android phone to the computer with a USB cable. Then, copy files on computer and paste the copied data to Android phone.
3. Why is my Android phone not connecting to my computer via USB?
If your Android cannot connect to a PC via USB, the fault may be caused by faulty USB cable. You need to check if you use the right cable, and try connecting the phone to a different USB port and check.
4. How to transfer Android contacts to iPhone?
You can use Google Drive to import contacts from Android to iPhone. Or copy contacts from Android to iPhone by SIM Card.
In this tutorial, we have shared how to transfer photos from phone to flash drive and then download them to your computer. As you can see, USB flash drive, such as OTG flash drive, is a great migration assistant PC/Mac and Android phone.
Compared to Bluetooth, it is faster on transferring data, and flash drive does not require Wi-Fi connection as well. Though it does not work on all data categories, USB flash drive is trustable when transferring pictures, music, contacts and documents between Android and PC/Mac.
How To Download To A Flash Drive From The Computer
If you have more questions, please leave a message below this article, we will reply it as soon as possible.