- Star Wars Knights Of The Old Republic 2 Download
- Star Wars Knights Of The Old Republic 2 Download Full Game Pc
- Knights Of The Old Republic 2 Download Free
- Pc Game Downloads
|macOS (OS X)|
|OS X, Linux|
|Windows||February 8, 2005|
|macOS (OS X)||July 21, 2015|
|Linux||July 21, 2015|
|Controls||Direct control, Menu-based|
|Series||Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic|
|Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic|
|Subseries of Star Wars|
|Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic||2003|
|Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II - The Sith Lords||2005|
|Star Wars: The Old Republic||2011|
|Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic – Remake||TBA|
Feb 08, 2005 About This Game. Five years after the events from the award winning Star Wars® Knights of the Old Republic™, the Sith Lords have hunted the Jedi to the edge of extinction and are on the verge of crushing the Old Republic. With the Jedi Order in ruin, the Republic’s only hope is a lone Jedi struggling to reconnect with the Force. KOTOR 12https://mega.nz/#!88wElIbb!6jSqM5BytL01e56VYm1ODb7ZLfwswOdElllLcniMS.
- Retail version (2012) re-released in a bundle with the first game and made compatible with recent operating systems.
- Steam version (2015) updated to support OS X and Linux, add Steamworks features and many other great improvements, including Steam Workshop support.
- Aspyr Media support page
- GOG.com Community Discussions for game series
- GOG.com Support Page
- Obsidian Forum
- Steam Community Discussions
- Modding guide for Steam version.
|Retail||SecuROM 5 DRM disc check (1.0)|
SecuROM 7 DRM disc check (1.0b/1.02b)
|Sold by Disney Interactive Studios.|
|Sold by Aspyr Media.|
|GOG.com||Not up to date (is version 126.96.36.199)|
|Green Man Gaming|
|Mac App Store||Same as Steam version.|
|Origin||Included with EA Play Pro.|
|Steam||Native widescreen and 4K resolution support, full controller support.|
- The soundtrack is stored in MP3 format, however junk data at the beginning of each file prevents them from being played back in media players. Run this script[Note 1] from the game's music directory[Note 2] to create standard music files that can be played back in most media players.
- Knights of the Old Republic Collection includes both Knights of the Old Republic and Knights of the Old Republic II – The Sith Lords.
- The Steam version was updated in 2015 with many improvements not available in the other releases.
1.0b is the latest patch for the retail version (Steam release is newer).
Skip intro videos
Restored Content Mod
- Also available on Steam Workshop.
- Highly recommended to restore content that was cut from the game.
- Version 1.8.2 now supports M4-78 Enhancement Project which restores droid planet content.
Configuration file(s) location
|macOS (OS X)||~/Library/Application Support/Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II/swkotor2.ini|
Save game data location
|macOS (OS X)||~/Library/Application Support/Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II/saves/|
- This game follows the XDG Base Directory Specification on Linux.
Save game cloud syncing
|Widescreen resolution||Native for Steam. For other versions, see Widescreen resolution.|
|Multi-monitor||Use Flawless Widescreen.|
|Ultra-widescreen||Use Flawless Widescreen.|
|4K Ultra HD||Native for Steam.|
|Field of view (FOV)|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed||Use Borderless Gaming. Any other hacks will make the mouse cursor inaccurate.|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)||External vsync will cause performance issues.|
|60 FPS and 120+ FPS||No limit in retail, GOG and Steam version.|
- TweakGuides has created a comprehensive guide for fixing issues in this game. It can be found here.
- Not necessary for Steam version.
- Widescreen fixes will break the minimap location reporting, which can be solved using the UI fixes.
- Widescreen fixes resolutions of 1366x768 and under will not display dialogue option text correctly and are unplayable.
- Video tutorial for widescreen available here
- This uses a slightly older version of the game with some bugs (not necessary for the GOG.com version).
|Make necessary changes|
- Ultra-Widescreen fixes will break the minimap location reporting, which can be solved using the UI fixes (instructions included below).
- Using Flawless Widescreen can cause memory leaks, which in turn can corrupt the current save file.
|Apply the following instructions|
Full Screen Movies
- This method does not work on latest game version.
- Guide located hereArchived (it is not necessary to edit your .bik files)
- Requires the No-CD cracked executable, used in the above Widescreen fix.
The resulting hex sequences should look like this, for a 1920x1080 resolution:
Recommended graphical mods (Steam)
- Mod list
- Canonical Jedi Exile 1.2 - Modifies the fifth Caucasian female head to match Meetra Surik's official look, as described in external material.
- Fixed Lightsaber Colors (#1) or Fixed Lightsaber Colors (#2) - Change the lightsaber colors to more closely match those in the movies and other media.
- Widescreen UI (stretch fix) - Although native 16:9 support was added in the Steam version, many UI elements are still stretched from 4:3. This mod fixes the remaining stretched assets. Not compatible with controller support.
|Keyboard and mouse||State||Notes|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Controller support||Steam version only, XInput supported, DirectInput has some mapping issues.|
|Full controller support||Steam version only.|
|Controller remapping||See the glossary page for potential workarounds.|
|Controller Y-axis inversion||Steam version only.|
|Button prompts||For DualShock controllers use DualShock 3 Button Prompts mod. For Steam controllers use Steam Controller Buttons for KOTOR II|
|Steam Input API support|
|Hook input (legacy mode)|
|Official controller preset(s)|
|Steam Controller button prompts||Mod available on the Steam Workshop: Steam Controller Buttons for KOTOR II|
|Separate volume controls||In some sections of a game, in-game music volume is not affected by volume slider.|
|Mute on focus lost|
|EAX support||EAX 3 (Newest Update removes EAX from Steam version)|
|Polish||A Polish fan patch is available here.|
|Russian||1) Fan translation, text and video or Steam Workshop page.|
2) Fan translation + translation Restored Content (Recommended).
|Spanish||Updated Steam version comes with Spanish UI elements. For subtitles, use The Sith Lords Restored Content Modification (TSLRCM).|
- Error occurs after the company logos and before the main menu, or after clicking on 'Load Game' from the main menu.
- Full error message: 'Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords has stopped working'.
|Switch to windowed mode|
Switching to windowed mode sometimes fixes this issue..
|Activate discrete graphics card|
Make sure non-Intel graphics card is being used.Intel integrated graphics seems to work for the Steam version but not the retail version in some cases.
|Change Nvidia Control Panel settings|
If you have a newer Nvidia GPU and your game keeps crashing when you click 'Load Game' from the main menu, a detailed solution for this can be found here. The critical detail seems to be changing
|Disable 'Frame Buffer Effects'|
If the game crashes after initial character creation and an AMD/ATI video card is in use, disabling Frame Buffer Effects in the game's Advanced Graphics Options may fix the issue.
|Disable 'Shadows' setting|
If the game crashes unexpectedly from time to time, disabling the shadows can fix it. For example the crash may be at the Ebon Hawk, on the Prologue level, when approaching the Quadlaser turret.
Stuttering or Freezing after combat / Unable to move the character
- This can be fixed by limiting maximum frame rate.
|Cap the framerate|
|Temporary solution|
|Use VSync|
|Disable frame buffer effects|
|Low Frame Rate|
Retail installation for Windows 7
- All steps should be done with an administrator account.
- Working on Windows 7 x64 bit.
|Retail installation instructions|
Stretched UI on widescreen resolutions
Star Wars Knights Of The Old Republic 2 Download
- After applying a widescreen resolution, the HUD elements will be stretched.
Subscribe to Widescreen UI (stretch fix).
Dialogue options will not display on vertical resolutions of 1366x768 or below
|Increase resolution to 1366x785|
The game crashes on Intel HD Graphics (Linux, Wine)
|The issue is, that the game uses a very old OpenGL version, which is often not compatible with modern drivers. These steps also fix various graphical bugs.|
User created game profile, see vorpx forum profile introduction for important notes.
|macOS (OS X)|
Star Wars Knights Of The Old Republic 2 Download Full Game Pc
|Audio||Miles Sound System||6.5h|
Higher quality media
- Not required for GOG.com, Steam, or the Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Collection 2 DVD re-release.
|Higher quality movies install instructions|
Install Movie Update Patch - 1135 MB
|Higher quality music install instructions|
Install Music Update Patch - 145 MB
KOTOR and TSL Save Game Editor
- KOTOR and TSL Save Game Editor (English Language Only), also known as the 'KSE'.
- Save game editor (cheat) works for both KOTOR 1 and 2.
- The save game editor doesn't automatically detect the Steam version of KotOR2.
|Choosing game location inside the KSE program|
|Steam registry|
|Operating system (OS)||98, 2000, ME, XP|
|Processor (CPU)||1 GHz||1.6 GHz|
|System memory (RAM)||128 MB||512 MB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||4 GB|
|Video card (GPU)||32 MB of VRAM||128 MB of VRAM|
|macOS (OS X)|
|Operating system (OS)||10.9.5, 10.10|
|Processor (CPU)||Intel Core i3 Dual Core 2.2 GHz|
|System memory (RAM)||4 GB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||10 GB|
|Video card (GPU)|| Nvidia GeForce GT 330M |
ATI Radeon HD 3870
Intel HD 3000
256 MB of VRAM
|Operating system (OS)||SteamOS, Ubuntu 14.04|
|Processor (CPU)||Intel Core i3 Dual Core 2.2 GHz|
AMD A10 Series
|System memory (RAM)||4 GB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||10 GB|
|Video card (GPU)|| Nvidia GeForce GT 440 |
ATI Radeon HD 5450
Intel HD 4400
256 MB of VRAM
- ↑If using Windows, install Git for Windows to enable Bash scripts.
- ↑It may be necessary to copy the music directory to the desktop.
- ↑ 3.03.1When running this game without elevated privileges (Run as administrator option), write operations against a location below
%WINDIR%might be redirected to
%LOCALAPPDATA%VirtualStoreon Windows Vista and later (more details).
- ↑ 1.01.11.21.188.8.131.52Introducing and updated KOTOR II for Mac, Linux, and Windows!
- ↑ 2.02.1Verified by User:SirYodaJedi on 2018-10-18
- ↑Music from Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, page 1 - Forum - GOG.com
- ↑Verified by User:Nessy on 2021-09-27
- ↑Tweakguides - Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2 Tweak Guide
- ↑Daily Stream - Vsync and Kotor 2
- ↑Widescreen Gaming Forum - Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2
- ↑Tested by Andytizer, 1920x1080 tested as working.
- ↑Steam Forums - Ultimate KOTOR 2 Tweak Guide (retrieved)
- ↑Verified by User:Suicide machine on August 13, 2016
- Tested on Steam version of a game. Noticed mostly in the beginning sections of Peragus II and in settlers chamber on Tatooine.
- ↑Tested by Andytizer
- ↑Kotor 2 will not work (steam version) - Steam Users' Forums (retrieved)
- ↑Tested by Ehs0329.
- ↑Ultimate KOTOR 2 Tweak Guide - Page 2 - Steam Users' Forums (retrieved)
- ↑Verified by User:Blackbird on 2016-10-31
- ↑Verified by User:Markhoris on 2019-01-30
- Version number found in Mss32.dll in the game installation folder.
It is not the destination that matters. It is the journey.
Five years after the events from the award winning Star Wars® Knights of the Old Republic™, the Sith Lords have hunted the Jedi to the edge of extinction and are on the verge of crushing the Old Republic. With the Jedi Order in ruin, the Republic’s only hope is a lone Jedi struggling to reconnect with the Force. As this Jedi, you will be faced with the galaxy’s most dire decision: Follow the light side or succumb to the dark…
• Additional information about Star Wars®: Knights of the Old Republic™ II •
If you encounter problems playing the game, please visit support.aspyr.com. Our Customer Support team is happy and eager to help. Your feedback helps us make better games.
In order to run the game with satisfactory performance, your Mac must meet these minimum system requirements: 2.2 GHz CPU Speed 4 GB RAM 10 GB free disk space (ATI): Radeon HD 3870 (NVidia): GeForce 330M (Intel): HD 3000 256 MB VRam
Gamepad support: Star Wars®: Knights of the Old Republic™ II supports the Playstation 4 Dualshock 4, the Playstation 3 Dualshock 3 Wireless Controllers and the Xbox 360 for Windows wired controller and the Xbox One controller (wired)
NOTICE: The following video chipsets are unsupported for Star Wars®: Knights of the Old Republic™ II:
• ATI Radeon X1000 series, HD 2000 series
• NVIDIA GeForce 7000 Series, 8000 series, 9000 series, 320M, GT 100 series
• Intel GMA series
NOTICE: This game is not supported on volumes formatted as Mac OS Extended (CaseSensitive)
© 2017 LucasArts, the LucasArts logo, STAR WARS and related properties are trademarks in the United States and/or in other countries of Lucasfilm Ltd. and/or its affiliates. © 2004-2017 Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. or Lucasfilm Ltd. All rights reserved. BioWare Odyssey Engine © 2001-2017 EA International (Studio and Publishing) Ltd. All rights reserved. Aspyr is a registered trademark of Aspyr Media, Inc., and the Aspyr star logo is a trademark of Aspyr Media. Mac and the Mac logo are trademarks of Apple Computer, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. All other trademarks and trade names are the properties of their respective owners
Ratings and Reviews
Look I love this game and can play it nonstop. However recently after the restored content came through at varying points in any type of game run-through even with multiple save files the game will lock into a frozen screen. The last two times Ive played I got through all the content and when i went to Dantooine to see the counsel when i left the ship the screen would just be black, never load anything. Most recently I was playing through DS and on Nar Shaddah Atton called everyone to the ship and after he mutters the words Its a trap the game never loaded or progressed dialouge. Its frustrating to be any number of hours into a storyline only to have it crap the bed and never load. 3 Stars for Nostalgia, ASPYR should definitely look into debugging their restored content, and putting out a patch. Lets see how the Uninstall-Redownload works.
This game is 10 times better then KOTOR1!!!!! The screen is bigger, characters are epic, and you have everything you need. The campaign is up to you! Other then different games where your mission and dialogue are decided, you talk who you want to, go where you want to, and learn staggering Force powers that leave you foes begging for mercy! And fighting is smoother and more advanced then KOTOR 1. Hand-to-hand combat even more techniques and you can have two sets of weapons available. You can only use one weapon set at a time, but you can switch to your other weapons in the middle of a fight.
My Mac needed updates and tweaking so it was compatible, but it was so worth it.
May the Force be with you, always.
This game is older than I am and it is awesome
the only bug I can find is occasionally the camera will continuously spin in one direction, but it can be fixed by simply pausing and unpausing. other than that, the only con I can find is that sometimes (but not often) I don't know where to go. other than that, it's all pros. The story is good, gameplay is fun, and I really like the retina display support.
Over all, 5/5.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Requires macOS 10.9.5 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
Knights Of The Old Republic 2 Download Free
Pc Game Downloads
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.